Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having trouble wiring and getting the zex brain to0 work with the tps, there are three differnt wires i can tap into, i have tried 2 and tehy both didnt work
one is black and red, the other is yellow and bloe or green not sure and i forgot the other,
i tried and tapes both of them, then turned the ingation on with engine off and had the system armed and held the throttle down and pressed the button on the zex brain for 10 seconds and it does all kinda different shit, red light comes on, red light flashes, green and red flash, green stays on, but when i tried to test it by pushing down the pedal, i dont hear the selonid click, any ideas or tips,

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
someone just gave me this info, sound right mista?
middle wire of the TPS. use the supplied wire tap. to set the brain you first turn the ignition to on(not start) go to brain and hit button and release. It should turn red. Next, floor the accelerator for 10 sec. then release. the light should turn red-gren- off. turn off switch and then back on. It should click when you floor it.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
jake2001z001 said:
someone just gave me this info, sound right mista?
middle wire of the TPS. use the supplied wire tap. to set the brain you first turn the ignition to on(not start) go to brain and hit button and release. It should turn red. Next, floor the accelerator for 10 sec. then release. the light should turn red-gren- off. turn off switch and then back on. It should click when you floor it.
this is correct. i just hooked up my zex kit as well. btw the directions on zex.com don't bother to tell you how to set the tps if you are reading the dry kit setup. but the wet kit setup does.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
FYI, I have the first generation ZEX NMU. I only need to connect to the center wire at the TPS.

I don't have the "smart" unit which was made for non Honda cars that didn't see full Honda TPS voltage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts