Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live down in southeast missouri and got pulled over a few days ago for my exhaust being "too loud" when it's nowhere near as loud as some of the trucks running straights and glass packs. The cop didn't give me a ticket but I was curious to see how much it would've been so I started reading about it online and didn't really find anything. But there was a post somewhere saying that someone heard MO was close to dropping that law. So I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on wether that is true or not? I don't really see it happening because that is a pretty easy way for them to get some money..

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
526 Posts
Indiana has a db level you need to meet while measured from a distance and rpm, same with music. Here is the best part I don't know any cops that have a measuring device on them, and I know a lot of cops.
I got a warning when I was running open down pipe.
Now apparently if you drive a motorcycle or truck the laws don't apply to you.

IC 9-19-8-3
Operation of muffler or noise dissipative device
Sec. 3. A motor vehicle must be equipped with a muffler or other noise dissipative device that meets the following conditions:
(1) Is in good working order.
(2) Is in constant operation to prevent excessive noise.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.
IC 9-19-8-4
Muffler cutouts and bypasses
Sec. 4. A motor vehicle may not be equipped with any of the following:
(1) A muffler cutout. (2) A bypass.
(3) Any similar device.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.

Must be a city or county code db level.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
South west MO checking in.

Ive never heard of this law lol. And id say diesl trucks and other hicks rides are way louder then my honda. And they never get pulled over nor do i. Cops around here are dicks too. Also lots of state troopers here too. Still have heard nothing of a db law.

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
In my neck of the woods there are laws against modifying exhaust but nothing like a db limit. I actually got a ticket a few years back for having no muffler on my car when it was almost stock just because the guy wanted to be a dick, it wasn't loud at all. Went to court for it (I had to being under 18 in my state) and got it thrown out just for showing up lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I got pulled over it was a state trooper and he was old as hell so I think that had a lot to do with him thinking it was too loud lol or like slow4doorek said in his situation, he was just being a dick because he can get away with it

·
Registered
Civic ?
79 Posts
I am sure that law is deep in the cut and only for use when a officer is feeling frisky. There are 15+ old hotrods in mid-mo that are so loud it shakes the ground.... legal though... gay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts