Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 dx,
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok yesterday I went out to start checking the new project and found out the one key we got with the car only works in the hatch and ingition but not the doors. The car is a 93 cx. Is this normal? Can I go to Honda and get one key for everything or should I just get new door cylender with keys?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Sounds like someone replaced the doors at one point. Simple fix, like stated above find a donor junk yard car or get a couple lock cylinders and keys from ebay. I bet one of my Honda keys would probably work in those doors though. LOL

·
Registered
685 Posts
you can call a lock smith they might be able to make you the keys for the doors, but then you would have 3 different keys for your car lol.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
your fucked, if your key works for the hatct and ign. highly likely its stock and the door locks where replaced. or you could go the dealership and get the OE stock key for all the original locks for $10.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
You can recode the tumblers for one key. The tumblers are like 15 cents a piece from the dealer. I recoded my 89 hatch to use the same key as my 95. One key for both cars ftw :) You have to disassemble the tumblers and find out what the code is. They have little numbers on them but make sure you write down the order!

·
Registered
91 dx,
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys. I think I'll the recode like Bizzar said. I've seen this done many times on house locks, when I worked for a door company in Fl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts