Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im not shure why my engine is missing at 4500-5000rpm up. It revs out fine in nuetral but in gear it start poping and missing when in gear above 4,500. It is a 90 civic with mpfi d16a6, chipped pm6 with 450cc i injectors and turboedit. I thought it was the turbo becouse i didnt have colder plugs but i took it off and it still does it n/a.

W

·
0 Posts
i think the map he is running is a map ryan mad for him and ryan used hiw wideband

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
ryan sent him a basemap as far as i know, i dont think he sent him anything else but i do not know
yep, and it should be plenty rich

get your LC1 hooked up and do some logging. thats about the only way to tell if there are fuel issues. fix where necessary

W

·
0 Posts
oh thats right he has a lc-1 why doesn't he just hook that up and check it

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Mine missed because of not having colder plugs... but if you say it does it still when n/a i dunno then.... i would just get the ngk 2 step colder plugs since you need them anyway and see if it still does it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Im running stock ac-delco v-power. THey are very good plugs like ngk. My laptop wont be in untill friday to check my lc-1 wideband. I have a set of bkr7e and bcpr7es like oscar was useing comeing in. I dont think its running rich becouse i dont have a muffler on it but i dont smell gas or see smog. The plugs dont look rich iether. How well would the lc-1 be at detecting a lean or rich condition in just one cylinder?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My plugs dont look rich, so maby its low spark at high rpm becouse of a bad engine ground? It mite be leaning out or to big of a sparkplug gap but i dont even have it turboed rite now. It doesnt do it in nuetral becouse i have a 7lb flywheel, but it gets worse each gear. If it was loosing spark wouldnt the wideband go rich seeing unburnt fuel, but at the same time i think widebands read lean when they see exsesive unburnt fuel.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought i gapped them to like .38 but hopefully some ngks at .25-.30 will fix my problem. Ill burn another chip this weekend when i get my lc-1 and labtop wired in for datalogging. What could be the problem even if i had good air/fuel ratios.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
I thought i gapped them to like .38 but hopefully some ngks at .25-.30 will fix my problem. Ill burn another chip this weekend when i get my lc-1 and labtop wired in for datalogging. What could be the problem even if i had good air/fuel ratios.
Coil...Grounds..Voltage Regulator..

Could be a large list of items...ever see the misfire troubleshooting section of the helms???

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
I agree...the first place I would look is the ignition system.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts