Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here running the Mishimoto thermostat on a boosted application?..I was wondering if it was worth getting or just run a Oem thermostat that's a fail-safe design..I will most likely get the lower temp fan switch

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Dont need the fan switch if your running obd1 and any of the stuff out there.
Most will be able to turn the fan on indepednly of the switch.

And on the t stat. It doesnt slove the problem as much.
You still need to cool this coolant.
Better flow to the rad and more cores will help.

·
Registered
Del Sol EH6
173 Posts
The problem with the Spoon or Mishimoto thermostat is that the Honda EMS retard you timing to heat up the engine faster, that could be a problem if you're running on the edge. The thermostat for the fan is absolutly a go for me.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Thanks guys..I'm gonna run a Oem thermostat and run the fan from a Arc 4000 switch panel
parallel circuit keeping the OEM sensor...because people forget the manual fan control and melt down motors. Simple rocker switch to the OEM fan switch and 18 gauge speaker wire is all the is needed.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
parallel circuit keeping the OEM sensor...because people forget the manual fan control and melt down motors. Simple rocker switch to the OEM fan switch and 18 gauge speaker wire is all the is needed.
Yep just tee into each wire for the fan switch, bring those two wires into the cabin, and then hook em up to a swtich. When you connect the switch, it grounds the fan's control system which turns it on. And it still acts like stock if you leave the switch off. It just allows you to turn the fan on when ever you want.

Bone told me to do this years ago, and its the best mod ever. Especially if you want to cool down the car between runs. Leave the fan on for 10 mins, walk away, come back, and its down to 120-130f.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
until you kill the battery from talking too much in the staging lanes.....

And no need to cool below 150 degrees, esp. if you are pushing the car through the lanes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts