Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car is misfiring all gears. I gapped my plugs(bkr7e) to .030 from .035 and still misfiring. When pressing the gas pedal the car wont go and exhaust is making popping sound. My setup is z6, vitara, eagle, t3, 450s, 255 fuel pump, 3bar map, chipped p28(basemap) using crome. I dont think i can get my car to my tuner, he lives about an hour away from my place. I have a p06 ecu and i want toplug it to my car to get to my tuners place. Can I hook up my p06 ecu so that i can go to my tuner and get it tuned? Thanks in advance guys for any help!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right now, when i checked my plugs they were so black but easy to clean it with a towel. Could that be the cause of the misfiring? I gapped my plugs to .030, i will try lower gap see if that will fix it or just to get it better.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pull the 3 bar/injectors/one cold side pipe/wastgate vac source, after all this install the p06/stock injectors/stock map sensor and drive it to the tuner.
I think i will do this if the car still misfiring. I will try to troubleshoot it tomorrow if things goes bad then im going back to stock:TD:. My street tune appointment is this coming Sunday morning so i got to get this car atleast to run without misfiring cuz its freakin scary hearing those popping sound coming from the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
pull the 3 bar/injectors/one cold side pipe/wastgate vac source, after all this install the p06/stock injectors/stock map sensor and drive it to the tuner.
on an internal gate?...pulling the vac source will make the wg stay shut, and with the charge pipe disconnected the turbo will want to spin its little heart out. Id try tossing in a stock map sensor and making a new basemap before anything else. Also, did this motor run right before the injectors, turbo, etc...maybe its a timing problem or something.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
on an internal gate?...pulling the vac source will make the wg stay shut, and with the charge pipe disconnected the turbo will want to spin its little heart out. Id try tossing in a stock map sensor and making a new basemap before anything else. Also, did this motor run right before the injectors, turbo, etc...maybe its a timing problem or something.
he's right, don't do this.
your turbo will overspin itself because it has no WG signal.

disconnect the WG flapper from the wastegate actuator, so it will just blow open instead

·
Registered
406 Posts
you said you are running a basemap?

have you tried removing some fuel and adjusting timing? sounds like its running way too rich thats why your plugs are black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts