Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted about this problem a little while back, but am asking again since I have new information about the problem....

I have a 99 Civic DX hatchback 5 speed. After doing my mini swap I continue to get misfires, but not all the time. I only get misfires when the engine is cold and I let it run for a little bit at idle. However, if it doesn't misfire at start up it can go a couple days without having that problem sometimes. It doesn't misfire on the freeway or while being driven. The car runs alright otherwise, but sometimes it has a low idle after being warmed up. When I check the CELs I constantly get these 5 codes...

P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire
P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire
P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire
P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire
P1399 - Manufacturer controlled ignition system or misfire

I figure the mention of the ignition means the distributor, but the distributor was fine prior to my swap. Could that still the problem part? Maybe a certain part has gone bad? Can I take this apart and test it somehow?

Also, when I did the mini me swap I used all 99-00 Honda Civic EX parts (head, intake mani, injectors, etc) except for the sensors/distributor which I reused from my stock engine.

Thanks in advance.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Why didnt you use a Vtec distributor? Thats one of the main things needed for mini me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Also according to them, it cost $11985.94 for a distributor. I dont know about obd2, but obd1 distributors are different comparing non-vtec to vtec.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Also according to them, it cost $11985.94 for a distributor. I dont know about obd2, but obd1 distributors are different comparing non-vtec to vtec.
I'm not lookin at the price since i won't be buying a distributor from there. I'm just talkin about part numbers. I used a 99-00 harness on a 99-00 car. They're both OBD2.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
I doubt the car would run at all with mismatched plug wires.

I was just pointing out something about your source of info.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
obd2 dizzys are the same as for obd1 i dont know. I had the same problem when i did my mini me almost 2 years ago funny thing is it still does it. Just like yours my car will run fine for a few day then all of a sudden random misfire code, cylinder misfire code randomly 1-4 manily 3. I've replaced everything with brand new parts still does it i have given up on it.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
My source of info is personal experience. The car will run - like shit while throwing misfire codes.
I wasnt talking to you... I was talking to the guy that quoted the site that said a distributor cost $11000.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
obd2 dizzys are the same as for obd1 i dont know. I had the same problem when i did my mini me almost 2 years ago funny thing is it still does it. Just like yours my car will run fine for a few day then all of a sudden random misfire code, cylinder misfire code randomly 1-4 manily 3. I've replaced everything with brand new parts still does it i have given up on it.
I'd love to ignore it, but I'm worried about it for smog purposes when that time comes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone else have any info to share? Perhaps a adjustable cam gear for timing? I'm open to any option to explore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts