Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been boosting for the past two weeks now, and everything is going great, the only problem i'm getting is that when i give it to much throttle in low 2nd or low 3rd gear it misfires a little(a little worst in 2nd) but smooths out after a second and then hauls ass. first gear doesnt miss at all, and if i ease into the throttle it doesnt do it. is this from to much/to little fuel, ignition, or something else?
heres what i got- running about 8.5psi w/ intercooler
ngk bkr7e-11 plugs gapped at .030
afc hack with 450's(i DO NOT want to hear how i shouldnt be running this)
-38 across the board for narrow throttle and wide throttle set at -37 low cam and high cam 3k-4500k at -37 , 5-8k at -36
dizzy retarded a little and adj. cam gear at 0
any suggestions

T

·
0 Posts
Try leaning out a bit.. Your injector flow difference between your 240s and 450s is 46%.. so (not including latency) you're base setting should be -46% (obviously this is too lean, but compensate for latency, and you'll be OK).

Check the Engine Management FAQ, section 2 for how I calculate proper base settings.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went and changed my settings according to that system, it seems to be running smoother but i didnt get to push it to hard cuz my g-friend was with me, she gets pissed :roll: . should i use the same settings for both wide and narrow settings? and also what should be throttle setting points, right now its at 71/72.

T

·
0 Posts
Yes, I just put them the same (narrow and wide). Since I did this, I just set my throttle switch to 98/99. It won't matter since they are the same.

When I had a SOHC turbo, I would build boost even at part throttle, depending on gear, and rate of speed depressing the throttle. That is why I set them the same. I never had an issue with fueling since my base settings were correct.

T

·
0 Posts
Basically, since he went from smaller to larger injectors, I had him subtract that percent of difference from his original injector flow rate. Since his original was 0% (stock), you subtract 46%.. which on the AFC would be -46%. But, since the larger inejctors require longer to open and close to do larger amount of moving mass, you compensate by enlongating the pulse durations by a static percent. Normally 5% with 450s.

You decrease the latency compensation as rpm increases (injectors pulsing faster get the inertia of the mass int he injector moving faster). Then give it a bit more fuel (subtract based on a step system) based on the cfm increase as boost builds...

I've perfected this method using customers cars and my own and it has always seemd to make a accurate base setup with a clean, smooth boost transition.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Why I do trannys, let folks like you/blundar/others tune ECU's.

Dave did burn a few chips for my ECU using Crome. I would like to tweak a few myself. Also I'm going boost (AKSC) sooner (more like ALOT) or later.

From my readings Uberdata is prefered for OBD-1 boost, I'll be at 10-11 psi. Dave wants to write a "flip chip" for when the AKSC engages or if I decide to use a ZEX cooling shot after the FMIC.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I need help on my settings
I have my base set to -22% already.. since I'm using RC310 injectors
but the car is still giving me CEL P300, P301, P302, P303
misfire... cylinder 1, 2, 3 (random misfire)
am I still running too rich?
I tried setting it to -25% or -28% but it still gives me the same codes sometimes..
I'm currently running with RC310 injectors and walbro 255 pump
on my JR SC
my fuel settings are as follows
1000 = -22%
1500 = -22%
2000 = +1% (boost starts to kick in)
2500 = +8%
3000 = +12%
3500 = +13% (full boost 8psi to 9psi)
4000 to 7500= +14%

the car runs fine under boost
the problem is when the car is on idle...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts