Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Acura EL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is the appropriate section for something like this but anyways,

i have a turbo d16z6 and just yesterday i noticed something unusual about the car when it idles.

For some time now I've had a lopey idle due to maybe a bad IACV...(im not cammed). Ive cleaned out my IACV in the past, which if i remember correctly fixed the issue for a good 3 days. I didnt bother replacing it since its quite expensive to get a new one and since i didnt think it was that much of a big deal..

Just yesterday i went to start the car and although it still idles completely normal on cold starts and drives completely fine, i can now hear a lot of popping on warm idle, especially when letting off the gas from 1500-2000rpm when coasting in neutral.. One thing i have observed is that when the lopey idle and/or popping occurs, my air/fuel ratio dial goes all the way to lean or just doesn't read anything at all...as opposed to reading 13-14 as it used to on normal idle...

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but this issue first appeared after i had fixed a leak from my fuel rail (which could have caused the boost cut i mentioned in a previous post). I put everything back on properly and my fuel pressure is still at a steady 60psi

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Who tune the car?

And while cruising and taking your foot off the gas the wideband should ping 18:1 AFR.
This is called lean cut, the ecu cuts the fuel but keeps the spark.

If you are getting popping when this happens. Then you have a leaky injector that is adding small amount of fuel.

And your fuel pressure is to high. no need to go over 43psi.

·
Registered
Acura EL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who tune the car?

And while cruising and taking your foot off the gas the wideband should ping 18:1 AFR.
This is called lean cut, the ecu cuts the fuel but keeps the spark.

If you are getting popping when this happens. Then you have a leaky injector that is adding small amount of fuel.

And your fuel pressure is to high. no need to go over 43psi.

weird, its always been at around 50-60 psi even before this issue appeared... and yes it does ping 18:1 AFR and then afterwards reads nothing.

Ive just change my spark plugs so ill see if that makes a difference, dont think it will though

·
Registered
Acura EL
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so i just went through a misfire diagnostic when i was changing the sparkplugs...

I unplugged each plug on by one and the only one that didn't change the lopey idle was cylinder 1. However i can see a spark when i pull the plug out...

I also unplugged the wire while i had the car idle a bit higher and it changed how the engine ran entirely...making literally sound like a lawnmower.

It seems like it isn't firing on idle but yet is when the car is under load or anything above idle...

anyone ever heard of an issue like this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts