Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need to get minime back out there timing is at TDC to the best of my abilities, have no upper timing cover but have the lower. on a D16a6 block mated to a D16Z6 head. know Why The F*c* wont it start, it goes. ra ra ra ra rev ra rev ra gra gra gra rev gra. until i get frustrated and stop trying. its nothe battery and the starter is brand new the ignition switch is good the dizzy is new as well, the T-belt is off a 94 civic 1.6L, should it be off a 1.5L or can i just use the stock belt cause this is Pi$$ing me the F*c* off:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Z6 head = Z6 belt... So that's not it. Getting spark? Getting fuel? Check all fuses? Is it trying to crank, or is that the noise coming from the starter area?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its getting spark and the fuel is puring in like you wouldnt beleave ill cheack the fuses tonight. and it sounds like it is firing in one cylinder but but not being cranked fast enough to fire on its own. the only noise coming from the starter is the starter.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Grounds? Low on gas (a bad fuel pump like mine will give you similiar problems at low fuel levels)?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill look into the fuel pump, the grounds are 100% i have yet to check the fuses is this the right T-belt??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Spark plug wire in the right firing order? Distributor 180 degree off? Happen to me once. Turn out my distributor was 180 degree off. Try clocking your dizzy 180 degree and try it again.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
pull your plugs and see if they are fouled... if you've been cranking for a while, i assure you that you will need a new set.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anu one have a pic of the cam timing cover or a really good pic other then the one found in helms and haynes manual. ill change my tommarow. and the firing order is correct. at TDC the rotor is pointing toward the bottom left on the cap.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
it goes. ra ra ra ra rev ra rev ra gra gra gra rev gra. until i get frustrated and stop trying.
I'm still trying to figure out what's going on here. Does it kick every now and then or does it just crank over with no response?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Usually if a motor wont start its one of a few things,

Spark
Fuel/Air
Timing (both ignition and valvetrain)

You said you were getting spark so we cross that off...
You said that your timing was correct but you would double check it... So well semi cross that off....
The one that i dont know why you dont do a little more extensive research is the fuel. Just because you hear the fuel pump doesnt mean you have fuel pressure and doesnt mean the fuel is making it to the fuel rail. Could be an injector problem too, Possibly wiring problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm still trying to figure out what's going on here. Does it kick every now and then or does it just crank over with no response?
its cranking over but there is just no response it sounds like one cylinder is firing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
brand new .409 taylor cables and Ngk plugs. havent checked compression will do that right away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
u dont need the upper timming belt cover do wut i did if its the timing jus line the center bottom line on cam gear to the pointer then do the oil pump . timing should be set correctly . and DOUBLE check the firing order of the wires .... sounds like the same identical problem i had .. and the firing order was of by 2 spark plug wires .D15b7 block wit z6 head was my minime swap .lol it was worth the time i spent on it tho

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
did that with the dowel down the cylinder block is at TDC but head might be off, i line up the buttom line with what pointer on the head?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts