Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!

I wanted to ask you a question, at this moment I have a civic ep2 7th, it has a D16V1 engine, vtec-e of 110hp, I have read information to change to normal vtec of a sohc, with system of cams and camshaft of a d16y8 ..

My query goes further; Could you mount a complete stock of d16z6 or d16y8 and install the independent coils of the d16v1 ?? The biggest problem I have in the electronic management, I would like to install a p28 stock with a harnes but I am afraid that when carrying this motor some independent coils there will be problems, I had also thought about a vtec type controller module apexi, I look for an economical electronic management to avoid spending money on a sling. thank you

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Most likely the d16v1 is a destroked d17 1.7 liter, and NOT part of the more common family of d15 and d16 engines.

Because of this, the head will not simply bolt on and work great.

You need to confirm this.

Then, if confirmed, you simply need to buy a d17 vtec head, and matching engine harness and ecu.

IF its that easy, cool. But other car markets tend to introduce more and more options, and therefore, roadblocks to getting it working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts