Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
swap in forged internals and spray 200 shots.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ummm superchargers are teh gay
go turbo, but i dont think your smart enought to, considering you have to post a thread saying "what setup do you guys think i should run on my 88 civic

wtf dude you shouldnt say shit like that i just asked for some help im new to civics thats y i posted that

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
ummm superchargers are teh gay
go turbo, but i dont think your smart enought to, considering you have to post a thread saying "what setup do you guys think i should run on my 88 civic"
Actully superchargers give a nice torque curve and are useful if you do something like auto-x racing. Only drawback with a SC is A.) It takes power to make power and B.) they're a bit more pricey than a turbo setup.

But yeah, like clutchmaster said, figure out what you want to do with your car then maybe we can provide a little more help

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Banned
307 Posts
Actully superchargers give a nice torque curve and are useful if you do something like auto-x racing. Only drawback with a SC is A.) It takes power to make power and B.) they're a bit more pricey than a turbo setup.

But yeah, like clutchmaster said, figure out what you want to do with your car then maybe we can provide a little more help

I went all out with a JR kit, running 12 psi on my single cam, was very diasappointed for the amount of money i spent :(

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I went all out with a JR kit, running 12 psi on my single cam, was very diasappointed for the amount of money i spent :(
Put better pistons in it and run a better cam. TUNE. I've heard a lot of people making some good numbers on a JR kit @ 12psi.

·
Registered
65 Posts
boost is great on any "D" but dime for dime i would turbo. D15B2's make 60hp to the crank. 9.6:1 compression. run 18.6 in the quarter. if you really want to boost that motor, then i say go turbo. your just not going to make enough power using a blower. not to mention the "gobs" of money your going to have to fork over. how many miles on the motor?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts