Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya. Just picked up this 92 VX the other day. Sort of new to engine swaps (my last EG was stock), and someone mentioned this might be a mini-me? Bottom end is d15b2. How can I tell what the head is? Thanks, am new to this.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive air manifold

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,745 Posts
B15B2 blocks never existed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There should be a small code right above or below the headers. For example, my TSX’s cylinder head is an R40. My old EG had a PM3 (I think?)

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,292 Posts
see that shot glass looking thing under the valve cover breather? thats a vtec solenoid. search where to find a head code and see what head you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, took a look at it. It’s a P08-3 head from a 93 EX D16Z6. Nice..

taking a look at the solenoid I see some wires coming off it. Which makes me think the owner tried to wire it for vTEC? When I’m driving it def doesn’t engage, only get a cel that stays on until I shut off the car.

what should I do next to troubleshoot the vTEC not engaging? I’ll check the ECU to see if it’s properly wired up and check and see if I have the right ecu
Thanks for the info everyone

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello.
Have you figured out your issue yet? Could be something such as a non-vtec ECU or an incorrectly pinned ECU. Another possibility is that the gentleman that did the mini me swap forgot to remove the oil jet in the block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts