Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a D15b7 and a z6 head i wanted to know would it be wise to turbo the motor on stock interners and if so how much boost should i use for dayily driving

·
Registered
510 Posts
how much boost should i use for dayily driving
It's not really how much air pressure... It's how much power. The D15 has smaller rods than a D16 so if I were you I probably wouldn't push it past 150lb/ft without getting a D16 block in there at least. Most D16 blocks are pretty reliable up to 200lb/ft.

Oh, and we're talking torque.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
i agree with him ^^^^

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Not going past 150 on a d15 sounds good to me too. What the hell is 150whp though, 6-7psi on a 14b/t25?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had mini-me d15b7 block stock and z6 head stock with y8 metal head gasket (middle layer removed). Bump my CR to 10.1. Put T3 .48/.60, 440cc injectors with stock fuel pump. I tried running 10psi, after a week my engine blew on third gear with 4500rpm. It was the rods of the b7. They are like fukin pencil. My suggestion to you, have fun with your mini-me for now. Then when your bored and looking for some more hp, get a z6 engine and turbo it. Its not worth it, even if your doing 5-6psi daily driver. Trust me, i been there. Im just trying to help honda SOHC lovers here. Hope this will change your mind. I'll try to post some pix of my blown engine.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
^What was your tuning like? timing? a/f ratio? intercooler? cooling sys?
How do you know it was the rods? Did you have WB02 and oil pressure gauge in the car at all times. Plus it's a mini-me. You'd think, I'd like to hope a b7 can handle 10psi on an average size turbo w/ good tuning.

·
cool title
1,698 Posts
my b7 held find for about 3500 miles of boosting about 9psi (IHI RHB5 VJ11) on a base map. engine never showed signs of being weak, and still runs great now that its back to na. i think you'd fine boosting the mini me as long as you do it right. don't go over board on the boost, and get it tuned properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts