Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having a problem with my timing on my mini me. d15b7 block with d16z6 head. Im ready to start my car but I can not get the timing down. I have an aem adj. cam gear but everytime I tdc my crankpulley then put the timing belt on the tdc mark on the crankpulley moves. Does anyone know why? I put the bottom timing cover on then tdc the crankpulley. But after I take off the cover and put on the belt the crankpulley moves from 2-3 o'clock to 12 o'clock?? Does this make a big difference? Or should I make sure the crank stays put after the belt then go on from there? Need help please help. Want to drive my car. havent drove my car for long time now. Thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
timing

my car wont start and I dont know what the problem is. am I suppose to do the 5 degrees? compression is good. but car wont start.

·
Registered
179 Posts
my car wont start and I dont know what the problem is. am I suppose to do the 5 degrees? compression is good. but car wont start.
Yeah and if it's too much off it could tap a vavle. The cam is closer to the crank therefore the geometery is diffeerent. Stock posistions are not as they appear. I got a y8 aem adj. if you got a z6 I'll trade you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got my car to run for now. but i might still want to trade you that adj gear. if it does me better then the z6 cam gear. what kind you got?...

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's the Y8 I used on my same setup. It's already, pretty much, made to compensate for the degree off. Now I'm just running a Z6 and the gear isn't gonna work now. What do you mean for now? Is it running crappy?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my car is running fine with a z6 camgear on a z6 head. But I dont feel much difference. Is it better to use a y8 cam gear on a z6 then the z6 on the z6 head?

·
Registered
334 Posts
IMO,Your not going to notice much of a power difference with any cam gear. They just make it easier to tune your motor and adjust your timing. Unless you have a DOHC.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well in all my experience with mini-me's the proper alignment between cam and crank improves power. If you're planning on running a few deg. retarded or advanced then you can set it up that way without a y8 gear. I did ussually run mini-me's a little retarded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts