Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im the newby here and just getting into hondas. I know a pretty good bit but not a whole lot. I have a 88 ef hatch with the stock D15b2. I got a head from a buddy that has had some major mods. done to it. Crower cam, ported, polished and a bunch a titanium stuff. The vin code on the head is PO8-4 and another one that i found was B30961 036. I have no clue what this head came off of but was told it came off of a SI D16 crx. Does anyone know???
Im not sure what ecu to run with this head either! But when I do put the head on im going to do the multi port swap also.
Anyone have the valve cover for this head??
Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
34 Posts
Okay well im not trying to come off as an asshole or anything but your car is not a EF its an ED7 =P EF's are the right hand drives. Now to answer your question the PO8-4 code is a d16z6 vtec head from a civic ex and the other code i dont know someone else will answer that for you. Hope this helped

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is. P08-x is the casting for both the z6 and the obd1 d15b vtec heads. You'll want to run a P28 ECU with it (or equivalent). The a6 head casting is is PM3.
thank you for that piece of info that has been buggin the crap out of me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Okay well im not trying to come off as an asshole or anything but your car is not a EF its an ED7 =P EF's are the right hand drives. Now to answer your question the PO8-4 code is a d16z6 vtec head from a civic ex and the other code i dont know someone else will answer that for you. Hope this helped
Oh ok got cha
EF is the body style from 88 to 91 and i have an 88 so i call it an ef
Well like i said im the noob and im still learning. So this head came off of a newer civic ex??? I know im going to have to slice up the wiring harness to wire the vtec solenoid and the miulti port fuel injection. Im just not sure how complication it will be. And where could i get a p28 ecu for cheap???

Thanks guys for the info

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Oh ok got cha
EF is the body style from 88 to 91 and i have an 88 so i call it an ef
EF is the right hand drive `88-`91, you car is LHD so it's an ED.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The d16z6 came in the 92-95 Civic EX/Si and the Del Sol Si. Look on eBay for a p28 ECU.
Thanks ddd4114
Ill be hittin up the junkyards this weekend looking for some parts. I still need all the multi port stuff,valve cover, distributor, ecu and the vtec solenoid. I just needed to know what year honda to look for so i could try and find some of the parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah EF8 CRX RHD EF9 Civic Hatch RHD =P but yea def should find some ecu's in the junkyard for cheap. i need to go myself to find a damn dizzy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright I got cha
Appreciate tha info!
How much hp gain will i get with this head??? and running multi port?? Ive been reading in some of the other mini me threads that doing this swap with the stock tranny isnt the best cause you will loose vtec when you shift at high rpm's. Im not going to be racing or nothing like that i just want a little bit more hp than the stock 92hp lol
I cant use the stock exhaust manifold with the D16z6 head can I??

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
ECU + full harness off a 92-95 ex would make the swap real easy.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
ECU + full harness off a 92-95 ex would make the swap real easy.
Don't need the harness, save the headache of rewiring the car and just buy a conversion harness.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts