Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im planning on doing a mini-me swap with a Z6 head on my stock d16y7, what all do i need for the swap from the z6 engine?..... i kno ecu, dizzy, and possibly the oil pressure feed line.... but what else? and to convert my engien from obd2-obd1, is it a converter i need to buy or just to convert the wires in the harness?

·
Registered
692 Posts
you will need a harness side plug for the dizzy of off the z6.
p28 ecu
obd2>obd1 conversion harness. chris sells them for like 80-90bux.
you *should* use a z6 intake manifold as well. the y7 is trash.
you again *should* go with some arp head studs, but you can reuse the z6 once.(not recommended)
z6 timing belt and head gasket.
thats about it i think. someone plz correct me if im wrong.

btw, WTF is "oil pressure feed line" ?? you thinking ls/vtec ?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
btw, WTF is "oil pressure feed line" ?? you thinking ls/vtec ?
Most likely. It's not needed for a SOHC head swap. You just need to remember to pull the oil jet between the 2nd and 3rd cylinders when you perform the swap.

I recommend that you install a new water pump while your engine is apart. It's only 4 bolts and it'll save you the hassle later on. Remember that you also need some way of wiring up the VTEC solenoid.

·
Registered
723 Posts
not to hijack your thread but im doing the same swap in my 97' civic DX. Im just trying to get ahold of the dizzy connector.. any one know where to get one? also the connecter for the throttle body and Vtec solenoid?
thanks.

·
Registered
692 Posts
not to hijack your thread but im doing the same swap in my 97' civic DX. Im just trying to get ahold of the dizzy connector.. any one know where to get one? also the connecter for the throttle body and Vtec solenoid?
thanks.
junkyard is your friend. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You said that I will need d16z6 head stud and d16z6 timing belt or can I you d16y arp head stud and oem d16y7 timing belt because my old timing blet is still good????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts