Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I recently swapped a z6 head onto my a6 block. It also has a comp zex cam with adjustable cam gear (if that matters). I converted it to obd1 with a p28 ecu and a four wire o2 sensor, and as far as I can tell all the wiring is fine. Anyway, I just finished the swap and the car runs great but as soon as it hits about 4100 rpm it hits rev limiter. I can't seem to figure out the problem. My dad is a Honda mechanic and he thinks there is something wrong with the z6 distributor, but I dont know yet. Has anyone ever had this problem!? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Certainly could be dizzy related ... kind of one of honda's weak points. Let's take all of these component that shouldn't get hot and put them in a box that will keep all the heat in. :/

Anyway ... back on topic. Did you run the VTEC wires? Did you remember to pull the oil jet between cylinders 2 and3? Just thinking of simple things that could easily go wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I ran the VTEC wires and I pulled the oil jet. The jumper harness I bought was kind of janky, so we are currently in the process of re-tracing all the wires on it, so the wiring might be a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts