Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D15B7 BLOCK mated with D15B VTEC HEAD? IVE GOOGLED IT ALREADY AND FOUND NOTHING! I DRIVE OVER 4000 MILES A MONTH WILL IT LAST?

Do i buy the Water pump for a b7 or what? along with oil pump? thank you for the help.. dont be a azz and tell me to try a search ive been searching for weeks and dont get anything

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,917 Posts
D15B7 BLOCK mated with D15B VTEC HEAD? IVE GOOGLED IT ALREADY AND FOUND NOTHING! I DRIVE OVER 4000 MILES A MONTH WILL IT LAST?

Do i buy the Water pump for a b7 or what? along with oil pump? thank you for the help.. dont be a azz and tell me to try a search ive been searching for weeks and dont get anything
try searching again??here ill do it for you, there is LOTS of info d15b7 with d15b vtec head - Google Search

also use the water pump and oil pump for the block your using same as you use the cam gear and timming belt for the head your using. also it all depends on the parts you use and how carefull you are when putting it together. i have seen minime's with over 100,00 kms on them

·
Registered
both
180 Posts
It as reliable as you make it

Do what ^^^ stated to do and if your car is your DD pop and just buy the block used and you won't have a " mini me trouble !!! Need to get to work Monday thread" down the road. Use the DSO search try mixing up the key words the info is here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone the only reason for me doing it is cuz its what i have lol im replacing everything i blew my d15bvtec..and i had a b7 block laying around so

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
yea, i had a 40mile commute from tacoma to bellevue for a few months which ended up being around 1600 miles a month, but 4000 is nuckin futts. You'd be on the road more than you're working.

Mini me is fine. You also need the z6 distributor, and don't forget to pull out the oil plug in the b7 block or vtekzzz won't work. there's information everywhere, i did a mini me 4 or 5 years ago and it worked great, till i milled off too much and put p29's with other mod's and never got a tune. . anyways. .

See 5 years back when i did a mini me. woah, thats my join date too?
no ways.

·
Registered
98 hatch
73 Posts
i have a 15b7 block with y8 head with everything stock respectively. I mated them in August and I've only put like 7 or 8k on it. I also havent gotten it tuned im running an s300 with a z6 basemap.. its been good to me so far. does smoke/burn oil in vtec but i usually drive like a grandma.

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,215 Posts
If you're looking for reliability, I would just build the B7 head. Throw a bigger,
fatter cam in, get a Y8 of adjustable cam gear and street tune it. You don't
even have to street tune. More power and reliable.

Not trying to tell you what to do. Personally, I just feel the Mini Me is alot of
work considering the potential of the B7 block and head. Essentially, it's the
same head as the A6 and ZC. The difference is the cam (and springs if it's
pre-mid 1993). You can toss a cam in the head in the length of time it would
take to watch a South Park episode. If the mechanical timing is done properly,
it rocks. Rips the shit out of the stock Z6's I've owned.

Just an idea...or alternate idea if you're looking for reliability.

Edit -
How the hell do you drive 4k a month?
I knew a dude that had a good paying job who commuted from Detroit
to Cleveland five days a week. About 170 miles each way. He bought a
1997 Honda Civic brand new and by the year 2000, he had put 314,000
miles on it...but because of the freeway driving, the thing drove like a
brand new car. Crazy.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
3k a month is 100 miles everyday

if your commute is 60-70 miles to work, thats 120-140 miles per day. 5 days, that is 600-700 per week.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have about 15k on my mini me it been wonderfull I put about tha same milage on mine a month, 3000, I had a d15b7 with a wore out y8 head and then I blew a hose and over heated it so I resurface a y7 head i had lying around and put it on boy what a difference. Only thing i can tell you is that you don't want to rev it past 6800 rpm because the rod bolt won't take it for very long. A stock p28 will do just fine just run a little lean but run premium gas and put gsr plugs in it bkr 6 or 7 depending on your climate if you have any more questions just continue to post I read them

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I drove about 2k a month. I could see 4k. Idk how much gain you would see from the mini-me though. I have never felt it is worth all the work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts