Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 civic DX, and i was wondering i how much of a power gain would i get by putting a vtech head on my cat (aka, mini me swap) or would i get more power for my money by puting a b16? if i do the mini me i am going to buy a Gude head.

thanks,

Curbow_USMC
SemperFi

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Well, it really depends. Is your car a sedan, coupe, or hatch? 5-spd or auto?

The best bang you could get would be to swap on a 5-spd EX transmission and head. If you are auto, you may just want to look into getting a swap, probably a B18B from an Integra LS.

The mini-me swap will just put you on par with other EX Civics, generally with the advantage of a lighter chassis (no power accessories). If you are wanting more power than that, best bet is probably to boost your stock Y7 rather than swap to a torqueless B16.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i have a coupe that is a 5 speed. on the motor now there is a EX skunk2 intake manafold, unorthodox pullys, AEM fule rail, and full exhoust. so how much HP gain would i get with a Vtec head? i know that it is more than a stock EX but not positive on how much. if i go with the mini me i will buy a Gude head that is for a Y8 so there will be more power on the mini me than regular, then i would go with some boost. (turbo)

Curbow_USMC
SemperFi

·
Registered
309 Posts
dx is 107 right?
ex is like 128 right?
so that would be 21hp + watever the compression adds(dont kno specs on y7 pistons)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts