Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a difference in the 96-98 and the 99-00 y8 head?

i know i need a manual throttle body and intake manifold but do the years matter??

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
Hey listen from past newb to new newb. listen to the gurus I learned this lesson the hard way. Do the research as well this will save you the headache of being the brunt of jokes I know this all to well. And honestly the guys on here will help (but) you gotta help yourself first. And when you are done doing research search some more cross ref your info on the search page here or yahoo,google etc. However I will see if I can shed some light on this situation. AS far as fitment the only D series that I am aware of the does not fit correctly with other D's is the D17. I could be wrong it should however only be a matter of the Gasket of the Different part you are interchanging and so on. So if your using a Z6 intake on a Y8 head you will use the Z6 gasket or if it was a Z6 head and you were mating a Y8 intake onto it you would use the Y8 gasket.(Of course you could use gasket maker but you will need to be diligent in doing it this way (Very very Clean). Again I am still learning but I believe that is how it works.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
He is not joking either, searching will help avoid people like me showing up and telling you to search. I typed in your question and found the link on the first try.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/naturally-aspirated/47233-what-differences-between-96-98-d16y8-99-00-a.html

Guessing by the red dot you know what your doing is lame. Try a search next time spoonfed n00b.
I was on the Verge of having the fabled Hammer being dropped. Because I was wanting a quick answer and that spoon oh yea I was all about it. Honestly man it is really is better to do the research do a bit more and then verify your idea or thought on here. Dont look for the spoon in your quest for more zoom. And honestly these guy are not assholes (Well maybe not all of em :biggrin: lol). Honestly they are looking to help you help yourself once you figure that out man. A whole new world opens up. Good luck on Modding the mini me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts