Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1990 hatch
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 1990 hatch i just finished putting a mini me in and it doesn't start. timing is good and i get spark. small spark at that. it has a brand new distributer, cap, rotor, plugs and wires. all the gaskets are new, water pump and timing belt. im also getting code 8 and 9. help please

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Code 8 is TDC sensor(Top Dead Center) and 9 is no.1 Cylinder sensor (CYP) from what i remember.Cheack all your grounds and also is this obd0 or 1???if you are still obd0 there are a few pins at the ditributor that needs to be switched.And if you are still obd0 did you de pin and repin at the ecu???

·
Registered
48 Posts
I saw something like this before, but it ended up there was a bent valve and all. Hopefully nothing like that is going on here. It could be that you're not getting the right amount of rotations between the crank and the cam to get proper TDC.

Or there is a small animal trapped in No.1 cylinder. :taz:

·
Registered
95 Posts
when u do the mini-me swap i think u have to run a couple wires out to the dizzy. you probably have those wires mixed up. i think one of them is a blue/yellow and the other is a blue/green i could be wrong but im pretty sure u got those wires mixed up.

·
Registered
1990 hatch
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok here is the thing. my car is obd0 but i bought a conversion harness so that i can put an obd1 motor in it. and their were 4 pins that i didnt know where their suppose to go. i talk to the guy that made the wiring harness for me and he told me to repin 2 of them. he had made it so i had to pin the four injectors so their were 4 unpined wires. so i sent him a message and he told me about just two of them. so idk what the other pins do because i dont always get code 8. and i haven't done anything to the wires it is a "plug and play" harness.

·
Registered
0 Posts
can someone help me.. idk how to make a thread.. and i need help.. i am a total fucking noob and i need help... i need to know what type of cylinder head has the code P2J-3 on it.. i think my car has had a mini swap done it is a 98 honda civic hx. 5spd. it has a ex tranny and i need to know. cuz idk if vtec is working and i need to know if it has normal, vtec-e or 3 stage. it also has a rattle.

·
Registered
Tacoma :)
79 Posts
can someone help me.. idk how to make a thread.. and i need help.. i am a total fucking noob and i need help... i need to know what type of cylinder head has the code P2J-3 on it.. i think my car has had a mini swap done it is a 98 honda civic hx. 5spd. it has a ex tranny and i need to know. cuz idk if vtec is working and i need to know if it has normal, vtec-e or 3 stage. it also has a rattle.
my sources say that its either a Y5 or Y8 but i dont know what the -3 is. im sure someone else will know and chime in:bigok:

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
:3dtard:

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
whats the engine code say on the block? then look for a Vtec solenoide on the head. if you have a vtec head on a no vtec motor that would be a mini me

·
Registered
0 Posts
its a d16y5, it has a vtec solenoid, so that means vtec-e. but i bought the car thinking it was all stock cuz hx's get great mpg. but there was a loud metallic rattle,.. so i went to look for loose objects and the rear motor mount bolt was out and just resting on the chassis so i had a friend bring me a 3/4 in socket and i put it back in.. while under the hood i noticed a different vin on the tranny. EJ8 out of an ex, so i started to look at other things that may be upgraded.. so now i am stuck.. and i really need to know cuz there is also a rattle coming from the car.. ps thank you for your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts