Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, im new to the d-series forum so just bare with me. so I have acquired a few engines; d16y7 which is running, d16y8 with bad block, dohc zc out of a 1st gen integra and blown headgasket, and a d15b2 with unknown issues. My goal is to build an engine with the most horsepower using parts from just these engines and a tiny budget for what is necessary. I want to go N/a but boost will be a last resort on the d15b2 if i dont see the results im wanting. Keep in mind im putting this engine into a 91 si.

A few builds ive thought about are....

1. Y8 head on my Y7 block with zc pistons for higher compression + minor mods.

2. Y8 head on the b2 block + minor mods

3. Just complete the zc + minor mods

Input is greatly welcomed and if you got any other options for me to consider please let me know. Im looking to get at least 120hp to the wheels, i know these engine arent mod friendly without boost but this is my first actual build and i want to do it right.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
these engines are very mod friendly n/a your able to get 160 out of a solid n/a build something built right with some good head work and a good cam with compression i mean nothing extreme just good solid combo with proper tune. with a extreme n/a build you could get very close to 200 but thats with lots of money and work. i would do the p29's in the y7 w/y8 head just make sure you have it tuned

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, ive never heard of a N/A d series make those numbers. People alway criticize how its impossible and have silly reasons. So youre saying my best option is the mini me onto my y7 with the p29 pistons? Im lookin for some high ass compression so im lucky i came across that. I will be getting the head work done which will include new valves, valves springs, port and polish, and possibly bore out the intake manifold if these go according to plan. Im still planning this thing out so things could change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about headgasket, spark plug, and timing belt preferences. Should i get all y8 stuff or y7 stuff?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
the y7 with the y8 head is essentialy a complete y8 do some research on n/a y8 builds and see what you think start with the sticky in the n/a section titled building a powerful d16y8/z6 read it all and then come back and ask about things

1 - 5 of 5 Posts