Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive got a D16y7 Automatic and I just want any little gain, Will Vtec work right with the auto tranny?

Y8 Head
Y8 Maifold
Y8 Timing belt
Y8 Distributor
Y8 Automatic ECU
Knock Sensor
new Head studs

How do you wire the Vtec on this thing?

is this all I need?

·
Registered
76 Posts
don't have to have the dizzy i don't believe... also try and get a good kevlar (or whatever) timing belt so you will be safe on an interferance motor peeling the pavement up. lol, i'm just repeating what a Honda mechanic explained to me. oh, and replace the water pump while you're in there because its so cheap and needs to be done anyway.

i got on ebay and found a seller named vtechero or something and he made me a wire harness and a re-pin diagram to put the vtec wires in my ECU harness.

i also heard that you can reuse those head studs. personally, i would because i'm broke, but don't listen to me on that one.

be sure and have your new head checked out. i bought one and was about to put it on and someone told me to send it off to a machine shop... found out that the valve guides were F'd and one spark plug hole was completely stripped out... i'm in the middle of a spartan war with paypal and a stupid POS bastard named brian zeigler from PA

lastly, you're gunna need head gaskets and some radiator fluid......... and beer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts