Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First im not tryin to post whore lol but i accidentally posted in engine building, anyways. I have a d15b7/z6 mini me and i need to take it down the road to my shop but was wonderin if i can use my stock ecu just to get it running even if vtec don't work???? My p28 is scrap.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
It will run on the p06 and ya its fine. it won't hurt anything aslong as you don't rev the piss out of it and float a valve on low cam only lol...

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
It will run on the p06 and ya its fine. it won't hurt anything aslong as you don't rev the piss out of it and float a valve on low cam only lol...
:3dtard:

Explain me how a valve float could occure more on the low lobe over the high.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
p06 will get it going. You dont need a p28 you can chip and add vtec to a p06...............

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so just get a chipping kit for my p06 and all should be fine? Well if thats the case you just saved me a pile of time and money considering i live 4 hours from anything.

·
Registered
891 Posts
^He means a Y8 gear. I ran a P06 on the same setup for about 6 months with no problems. Just get in changed as soon as possible. It does make all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
I really don't know what to tell you. I made a joke about my misfortune but I would say it could happen. You figure you are running the motor to the point where power falls down. If the car gets beat on and valvetrain isn't working properly then it could cause a mess of problems... so it would be ok to rev a motor 3-4k rpm past its peak point and nothing would happen to the valves? Cool.. I didn't know...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks guys, and I finished my swap yesterday and while searching on the forums i found that there were many discrepencies about which cam gear to use and also belt. So i ended up using the z6 head w/the z6 cam gear and belt. Needless to say i was 3 hrs into my trip (4hours total trip) and BOOM lol there went my timing belt at 70mph. SO WHICH BELT is the CORRECT belt? And either the y8 cam gear or an adjustable one, Right? I'm stuck here and don't want to buy more parts and have the same thing happen, that is if my head is still good.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Thats the right belt. That gear will be 1/2 a tooth off. If your belt messed up then that is an error on mechanics part. you want a y8 gear to off set the difference. Helps a lot if you're not good at setting up the geometry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts