Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all
I have a 1990 CRX DX with a D15B2 and an automatic. I have already converted the car from DPFI to MPFI (with a PM6 ECU). I have already purchased a D16Z6 Head and an Apexi VAFC for the conversion to VTEC. the problem is, I am learning that the VAFC will not run the VTEC With the NON-VTEC OBDO ECU. I am planning on swaping an CRX SI 5-Speed into the car in the near future. What ECU do i need to make this all work ok? will the car need a complete OBDO to OBD1 conversion? Can anyone link this Conversion to this post? I have searched and only found OBD2 to OBD1 conversion. Basically i am looking for a list of everything i need to do to go from a OBDO Non-VTEC Automatic CRX to a OBD1 VTEC 5-Speed CRX, let me know, thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
I wanted to ask all my questions in one post and describe my EXACT setup, take it easy there BIG CHIEF...
you're question got answerd in the other post, i dont see the point in opening another one with the same question?? don't start whit big chief this or that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you're question got answerd in the other post, i dont see the point in opening another one with the same question?? don't start whit big chief this or that.
I was not happy with the answer, so i described my setup in more detail in hopes that an answer i could understand would be given. oh by the way, thanks for blasting a nOOb, as i am sure you came into the honda "game" all knowing...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will i need a new distributor or is that what the distributor harness is for? also i am thinking of buying a Rywire Package that includes everything, plus sending them the harness for the VAFC. has anyone delt with them?

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
i'm in the process of converting over to obd-1 from 0 right now as well. from what I've gathered I need an obd0-obd1 ecu harness, obd0-obd1 dizzy connector harness, an obd1 dizzy, and a obd1 ecu (eg p28).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts