Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm obviously new to this forum, I'd greatly appreciate ya'll clearing something for me. My friend's convinced that you can bolt a D16Z6 head to a D15B6 (HF) motor, altho I do recall reading in a different forum that you can't do that cause of valve clearance issues. So that would be the question can you use a Z6 head with a B6 block (I do beleive it comes with either a 8 or 12 valve head) or will I blow my motor by trying to run that setup? Any answers would be appreciated, in depth explinations would be greatly appreciated. I did search the engine building forums and couldn't find an answer.

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
the b6 has 2 valves per cylinder,totaling 8 valves. The bore of the b6 block is the same as the z6 block which probably will result in there being no problems. BUT why would he want to bolt that head to that dudu block anyway? I mean it has a very short stroke compared to the other d engines. I would get a d16 block,which has a longer stroke of 90mm compared to the 84.5 mm of his b6.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
16v head onto a motor with 8v pistons = 8 bent valves.

HF and Early CX's had 8x pistons, no valve reliefs for the other 8 valves.

CRASH BOOM BAM!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you transzex, I much appreciate the needed to know information. Thank you juanp1031 for taking a stab in the dark as well, I do appreciate your two cent. As for stereofreak, did you really have to be so unwelcoming to such a new member of this forum? Really?! I stated I was new to this forum and that I did research my question before asking, but without prevailing. I also stated that I knew it was a mini-me motor and that's probably what upset me the most with your reply. Once again thank you guys for your support and doing so in a humble manner.

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
I was up late. I was crabby. I apologize. Good luck with your build. If you have the 2 valve pistons you can just swap pistons while the head is off. If your worried about your cars down time just build a full z6 and swap it right it. Take the z6 tranny while your at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts