Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 LX A4, and i have a z6 head, intake manifold, tb, etc..from a 95 ex. Do i still have to buy a p28 ecu? I think my car is obd1 and so is the ex, so i wouldn't need a obd converter right? I've read the mini-me tutorials, and they say nothing about running an oil supply line to the new z6 head, my mechanic swears i will have to plumb a line to the head. If i do need to swap in a p28, can i just install a vtec controller instead of the p28?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Do i still have to buy a p28 ecu?
no, you can chip your ecu and add vtec to it.
I think my car is obd1 and so is the ex, so i wouldn't need a obd converter right?
conversion is not required for you, your obd1.
88-91 obd0 / 92-95 obd1 / 96-98 obd2a / 99+ obd2b
I've read the mini-me tutorials, and they say nothing about running an oil supply line to the new z6 head, my mechanic swears i will have to plumb a line to the head.
no required for d-series motors, only b-series. pull you oil jet, and slap it on.
If i do need to swap in a p28, can i just install a vtec controller instead of the p28?
do like i said above, and add the wires for vtec. a vtec controller only engages the system, it doesn't add fuel or timing. the system will run like poop, and be slower to boot.

add the chipped ecu and wire up vtec or buy a P28 and wire up vtec. one or the other, those are your choices.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
ya. what he said :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts