Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a z6 head with a b2 block with a p06 ecu supposally chipped?
idk what is wrong with it I change plugs,wire,cap and rotor.
do i need a different ecu? because the kid i got it off of didnt know what he was doing.

the car smokes and sometimes wont keep idle
what ecu do i need?
and any other good info someone could give me

Thanks.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Since your ecu is chipped, it can be shaped into anything your engine will ever need to run. The question is, what is exactly on that chip... thats probibally the issue you will find. Remove the chip and start the car tell me how it runs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well the vtec isnt hooked up cuz i need a controller or a new ECU right?
idk im new to the honda world sorry
and i have no clue where the map sensor is.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
map sensor is either mounted on the firewall or directly on the throttle body

get a P28 ecu if u just want to run an OEM ecu, and wire up VTEC

if it was me iwould get the P06 chipped and converted to a P28 equiv, then throw a little tune on it

it should be around 10:1 CR IIRC

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats what i figured would be a good idea but like i said i really dont know alot about them and i would like to get more into but thats why the have these forums haha

im guessing they sell chips all over the internet, is there any specific one that i should look into or know anyone i could send it out to because i have a extra p06 that i planned to get worked and if i even think about a turbo what would i have to do to the computer?

thanks
Cameron

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
thats what i figured would be a good idea but like i said i really dont know alot about them and i would like to get more into but thats why the have these forums haha

im guessing they sell chips all over the internet, is there any specific one that i should look into or know anyone i could send it out to because i have a extra p06 that i planned to get worked and if i even think about a turbo what would i have to do to the computer?

thanks
Cameron
do not buy online chips that say "get 400 more hp" get a chip with a basemap on it for like a z6 or b16.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright thanks man
anouther question though, what belt do i use for the b2/z6 set up?
i bought the Si(z6) belt but i heard use the VX Belt?
lemme know and again thanks for the help :]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts