Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CRX baby
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard much debate on the subject n have passed smog a few time but I was recently pulled over n was asked to pop my hood unfortunatly at the time I had sum non street legal parts n the pig wrote me a ticket focing me to ref my car ! I currently have a d15b7/z6 mini me in there now but it was very ghetto rigded in there n I have the parts to assembly a zc/y8 mini me but am unsure if I should considering I must now ref the car ? Would the zc/y8 mini me even pass a ref visually ? If any one has experience on this matter it would help greatly ?

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
technicly, no the head must match the block.

Now depending on the referee, and how shady you/your car look will determine if he/she will run the numbers.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
if you take off the vtakin stickers on your window, maybe they wouldnt notice your vtec head. lol jk.

bump because i dont know about cali's gay ass emission laws

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
You might fail at the ref I had a a6/y8 mini got a ticket had to go to the ref and I failed but I had a z6 intake mani on a y8 head on a a6 block it was converted to obd 1 running a p28, it was done pretty clean and he shut me down quick. It all depends on how smart your ref is.

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
If its going in a crx and it had dual point that's one thing that screams atteintion. That was the first thing my ref noticed then the vtec solenoid then he looked under the carpet and saw the harness and the ecu and I failed

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
nope it will not pass most ref's are to smart now i regular smog shop will pass it all day long. but yea it wont pass visual

·
Registered
CRX baby
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dawm well thanx for the imput that helps me greatly ! As for hiden harness under my carpet it will not work cuz I have none lol !
But this dose lead me to yet another question..... I do have a almost complete jdm sohc zc motor ! It has everything minus the distributor n headers ! I do have sum e.o DC headers tho . If/would I be able to drop this motor in ? would I be able to ref it then ? And if so wat would I need to make this happen ? Which dizzy n is the sohc zc obd0 ?

·
Registered
CRX baby
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I did find the awnsers I seek with some research ! I was jus guna use a d16a6 dizzy n drop it in n see wat happens ! My only concern is I got the motor from the junk yard so wil c what happens when I try n fire it up ??

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
you should be fine w the zc hope it fires up for you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts