Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone help me here. i just finished off my swap with a mild P&P'ished y8 head on my y7 and im having trouble getting the knock sensor wired. can someone tell me how to do this right. ive looked everywhere for info but all ive seen is "you need to wire in a knock sensor if using a p2p" , not a whole lot of help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is a Helm's ....sadly i am a noob just trying to get by in this mini-me undertaking that has so far been over my head on every god damn aspect but im learning.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
what is a Helm's ....sadly i am a noob just trying to get by in this mini-me undertaking that has so far been over my head on every god damn aspect but im learning.
Helms=Helms service manual.

www.helminc.com

Basically your bible for DIY with Honda's

You need to get a pinout diagram for the Knock sensor from the ECU. This should be available online somewhere. Here is a picture of the ecu plug with overlayed pinouts on it:

You need to run a wire from where it says KS to your knock sensor. Of course, the best way would be to add a new pin, and a crimped connection, and the correct connector at the Knock sensor end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts