Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone,

Please help me to understand what head I could swap to on my D15B 2002 JDM block (Ferio, 7 gen). The thing is on auto tranny and auto tranny should be kept due to traffic issues. Should I consider 6 gen heads? D15BVTEC or D16Y8?

+ also any ideas of a well-priced 4-2-1 header for the thing?Would like to have one.

Thanks,

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
This could get tricky if your car is equipped with an immobolizer/transponder key (computer chip in key to prevent theft). Do you have to worry about emissions where you are at? If so you may not be able to do all this.

For headers I would go with DC sports or just get a cheap ebay like everyone else.

·
Registered
621 Posts
This could get tricky if your car is equipped with an immobolizer/transponder key (computer chip in key to prevent theft). Do you have to worry about emissions where you are at? If so you may not be able to do all this.

For headers I would go with DC sports or just get a cheap ebay like everyone else.
Some headers will not allow you to pass smog also. A lot of folks in Colorado fail due to headers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
621 Posts
That is why I asked about the emissions. I don't know what country he is posting from but it isn't this one.
I know. Lol.

I couldn't trade for a z6 swap cause I had ebay headers I'm it and they didn't know if it would pass emissions. I had gotten it passed with them on, but they didn't believe me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This could get tricky if your car is equipped with an immobolizer/transponder key (computer chip in key to prevent theft). Do you have to worry about emissions where you are at? If so you may not be able to do all this..
At my place I think emissions should worry about me) (don't mind the german IP - it's a corporate one)
I would ask the previous owner about the immo - he had ordered a 2nd key (arrived with 1 key only), so he should know.

90% of Ebay stuff is US-models oriented, so for my JDM make I would need some extra work on any chinese header I guess.. And actually if we talk about :chinese: 4-2-1's - do they give ANY increase in performance?))

·
Registered
1997 Honda Ballade
580 Posts
most of your answers can be answerd here...
7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts

you should have the 4-1 set up which you can buy direct replacements on ebay
(like everyone alse)

In SA they make a custom mild steel 4-2-1 so I know you can get them.
But I doup you will find much power.

I found a bigger improvement was replacing the down pipe.

All that is on 7thgenhonda.com

·
Registered
2001 Honda Civic EU1
29 Posts
Please help me to understand what head I could swap to on my D15B 2002 JDM block (Ferio, 7 gen).
Your head code would then most likely be either the D15Y3 (non-VTEC) or the D15Y4 (VTEC-E). If you plan to increase engine displacement, then its actually the engine bock that you would change to get a D17Ax

I have a D15B block with a D15Y4 head as well (stock), but currently seeking to make more low-end torque. If you are keeping your 1493cc displacement then you would be better off doing both the intake and exhaust manifold swap as they actually compliment each other. Personally, I'd go boost, but I don't have space in my engine bay behind the radiator and exhaust manifold (EP1/EP2/EU1 chassis). I'm looking to do a catback setup myself but I'm yet to determine how much gains this will make.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts