Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys as most of you know i have just finished a complete rebuild of a D15b2 bottom end with a D16z6 head. Now it's running my fuel consumption rather worringly low, i've just done about 50 miles to £10 at a price of 88.9p a litre, just seems very low compared to before i would be doinga rounf 80 miles.

What are other people getting???

Also what other factors would reduce my consumption??

Currently i have timed the distributor by ear with that make much difference??

Also i have big kink in my induction hose as well because for some reason it's to long.

By the way have used the search function for mpg figures with no luck :(

Chris ;)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I get an average 20mpg City/Highway (you'll probably have to do liters/100Km conversion to make sense of that :p ...I'm too lazy)

Highway traffic is pretty bad though; average speed is probably 15mph... bumper to bumper gridlock, and I do have a heavy foot when there's no traffic jam :D

I have a d16y7 bottom end
d16Y8 head/intake + webcam camshaft
Full exhuast ans some other minor stuff.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a y7/y8 Mini-me
and I still get the exact same gas millage as before, 47mpg hwy and 37mpg city if I drive for fuel economy.
If I don't then 25 mpg city and 35 mpg hwy

·
Registered
158 Posts
sorry you are right I did the conversion wrong i was doing it from litres/100km's lol
29mpg city and 38 mpg hwy for economy
22mpg city and 30 mpg hwy if not

I have a y8 head, intake, and a y8 tb cold air intake and exhaust crower stage 1 cam and stock ecu obd2b.

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Get your timing fixed, its probably retarded a bit too much. I'm getting maybe about 50-100 more km per tank more on avg and I run 91 octane with a bit more agressive timing to get the most out of the fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts