Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after about 1.5 years of reading on here from knowing nothing I learnt alot and finally mini-me'd my d15b2 with a d16z6 head. so cheers for all the great help. I understand this swap being half a tooth off which Ive sorted with an adjustable cam, that is all great but as far as the distributor timing goes how would I time it? Does the raised compression affect the way i should time the spark or any other factors? Should i just time my spark as standard on the d15b2?
any help really appreciated, i just cant find much on this part of a mini-me swap.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Go for a standard setup on the timing and then move it around slightly to it runs best, i had a good play on the rolling road at the same time though so that made it easier. Get on msn bud anyway and post up the pics!!

Chris ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Does the raised compression affect the way i should time the spark or any other factors? Should i just time my spark as standard on the d15b2
Make sure you are putting in at least 91 octane (in the us at least) gas.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chris, carby, again thanks guys, you've been a massive help again, i was just wondering if anyone else had any views on this and could tell me what effects distributor timing.
Ill speak to you soon on msn chris and help you out on that chipped ecu too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts