Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay have been researching mini me since the day i got my civic.
I kept my eye out on heads and parts. friend of mine had a vtec head complete except the dizzy. its stamped p08-1 which i found to be the d15b(jdm) 'which is snazzy' and i researched that its practically the z6. that being said i have a 97 d16y7 and would like to make this all work but the right way!!!! no half fast S#!T! So to do this i need 9 y7 head studs and 1 z6?(correct if wrong) and a p28 manual ecu. wire in vtec. i keep the cam gear on head. can i use my y7 timing belt? z6 or d15b head gasket? anything else needed to do such as wiring the dizzy and what dizzy, im not to keen on ghetto fabing my y7 on. just needing to clarify the technicals on this mini me cause i havent seen a d15b on y7 write up yet. the two things im very unsure about is dizzy and how a p28 runs so many vtec motors lol.

sorry about the annoying mini me threads but trust me ive wasted sleep on research :bigugh:!! thanks for the help!

·
Registered
118 Posts
heyo,
i can answer a few of your questions,,,
d15b and z6 head gaskets are the same,
timing belt,,, best bet it pop the head on and see if it works,,, its probs will, if not, get a belt one tooth longer or shorter,
head bolts,,, take it apart and find out what length's u need, i did a sohc zc to z6 mini me, and i just measured em all to find out what i need, and got some spacers made up to get it perfect,
good luck,

·
Registered
5 Posts
i did a b7 block with z6 head and i need to know what cam gear i need to use bc i have the z6 cam gear on there now and i cant get the timing to 16 degrees btdc like it is supposed to be???? sorry to thread jack but ne help would be great 8164198863to text or call

·
Registered
Honda Wagovan
36 Posts
i have a d15b2, what heads will fit, i like the y7 head but i like the 4 point fuel injection too, can i use the b2 ecu or y7 and if i do use the y7 can i say, have 2 injectors run off the same wire, i'm not too good with wiring and im broke as fuck, also, what ECUs can i use with the b2? mine fried, any help please message me, its going into an 88 wagon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts