Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i recently put a D16z6 head on my D16a6 block on my 91 Crx Si. I looked up info for months before i did the swap but i can't seem to get the car started. I'm thinking i have no power to the "NEW" dizzy i bought for the car wondering what might cause this i have 12 volts going to the end of the plug on it but no spark any help would be great i can provide any pictures or info if needed thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,466 Posts
where did you get the "new" distributer? what ecu? all grounds attached? check coil? igniter?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok new dizzy came off amazon i can't seem to post a link because i don't have enough posts
I'm running a P28 ecu with a OBD0 To OBD1 Harness i bought from ebay

All grounds are accounted for and used i have just one plug off the old A6 manifold i am not using ill go take a pic

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i'm not getting spark on a new dizzy like i said i have a friend coming over ina few eith another p28 and testing to see if that's the problem

·
4,466 Posts
how are you checking for power, and where are you checking for power?

if youre not getting spark at the wires, its the coil.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
End of the plugs the two prong one i have a ground and 11.9 volts on the other. i also removed a spark plug and grounded the housing on my block and hada friend turn the car over and saw no spark.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
End of the plugs the two prong one i have a ground and 11.9 volts on the other. i also removed a spark plug and grounded the housing on my block and hada friend turn the car over and saw no spark.
Any fuel in the clyinders?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know that for sure i can tell you the injectors are getting a positive 12 volts on the red sire coming off of them once again i am using the a6 injectors not the z6 oh and there on the z6 rail i do have pressure in my rail however i can tell you that much

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok just a heads up injectors are working we went ahead and took out a spark plug while checking the plugs at night to see if they were just dimly sparking and while we were doing that i tied a couple of qtips to a long screwdriver getto i know but it worked they came back up slightly damp and the spark plug tube smelled of gas so i'm pretty sure there firing i gotta put my eggs in the basket that my ecu is messed up it was a junkyard find after all

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I don't know that for sure i can tell you the injectors are getting a positive 12 volts on the red sire coming off of them once again i am using the a6 injectors not the z6 oh and there on the z6 rail i do have pressure in my rail however i can tell you that much
Ok just checking to make sure your getting a tdc singal.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Please clear this ^^^ up. The black/yellow wire at the distributor plug on the engine harness should have 12 volts. The blue wire in the same plug is for the tach.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The battery is a little low due to all the cranking we have done but Mcd's post shows all values on the plugs attaching to the dizzy

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
You have voltage at the distributor. So it could be a bad coil or igniter but I don't think that's the problem as you said it's a new distributor but I've see new parts be bad right out the box.

I'm wondering if it's in the wiring. There's two wires that if swapped it won't start. I just can't remember them. They are for the distributor tho. I think it two wire wires one is thin and the other is fat but not sure. Could all so be the ecu jumper.

·
4,466 Posts
maybe he should look up the pin outs on the ecu for the dist and check power there

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Btw it seems kinda pointless but the only plug on the car not in use is the fitv valve since the d16z6 is mechanical

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
maybe he should look up the pin outs on the ecu for the dist and check power there
Prob not a bad idea. If ecu isn't getting power or ground it won't fire up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts