Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
eg hatch
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a mini me rebuilt overbored .5mm/.020in new oversized pm3s bearings rings and a z6 head stock p28 ecu. It recently started overheating so I began the process of elimination. My radiator was bad so I replaced it I also replaced the water pump and thermostat still no luck . When I took the head off I could see oil in the intake/exhaust ports. Could that be from worn valve guides/seals ? The next thing I noticed was all of my pistons except #1 had deposits on them . Yesterday before the overheating began I decided to swap in some injectors I had got since two of mine were going out. Could this be some of the cause the piston had no signs of detonation ? Any help would be greatly appreciated here is a pic not so great but you can see the piston has hardly any wear to it

Attachments

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
What does this have to do with Engine Management?

·
Registered
read sig
267 Posts
the one piston that is all shiny (with no deposit on it) is because its burning water/coolant in that cylinder.. sounds like u had a bad headgasket.. it has happend to me a few times.. if u where burning oil the deposit would b a lot worse.. go get the head check to see if its straight and slap on a new head gasket, u should b good to go.. also check the block for any kind of warpage

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
the one piston that is all shiny (with no deposit on it) is because its burning water/coolant in that cylinder.. sounds like u had a bad headgasket.. it has happend to me a few times.. if u where burning oil the deposit would b a lot worse.. go get the head check to see if its straight and slap on a new head gasket, u should b good to go.. also check the block for any kind of warpage
+1

-Luke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts