Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for awhile and can not find a definitive answer. Bought a 94 civic with a mini me swap (z6 head) and for some reason the guy put a p72 ecu on it. I plan on getting a p28 but how do I swap them? Simply plug and play since there isn't an immobilizer key for that year?

Also, I have read contradictory things about getting it chipped so I still am not sure about that either.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
stock ecu will be fine. plug and play. google how to wire vtec

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock ecu will be fine. plug and play. google how to wire vtec
Thank you! BUT...

Turns out it is a p28. Car is running pretty rich. Pretty sure the o2 needs to be replaced and it looks like the cam gear is stock which I know I need an adjustable. Would that cause my car to run rich?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, it seems like it starts to bog down a little when driving after it warms up. Then a CEL came on and it ran a little better. Where is the plug on this thing to check codes? D15B7 with z6 head

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
google is faster.

make sure the timing is correct. iirc its 4.5* out

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can almost guarantee it's not correct seeing as how the cam gear is stock and therefore probably a half tooth off. But will that make it run rich? I've heard yes and no

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cel 43. So fuel supply. Guess I'll start with the fuel filter and o2 since that was my guess anyways. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if I go with a y8 cam gear do I just set that gear to tdc or do I still set it to one tooth difference? Which I think I advance it so 1tooth to the left?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts