Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Honda Civic SiR
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM doing the mini me swap, I want it so vtec does kick in. So can i purchase a vtec controller and not swap ecu's or am i better off getting the new ecu and wiring harnest.My biggest fear is the fact that the red line of a z6 ecu is higher then my stock ecu for my civic and i would hate to accidentaly redline it to high and through a rod

·
Registered
civic hatch
368 Posts
i would just get a vtec ecu (p28 ) 7200 or u can get a p08( from the jdm d15b) the p08 dont redline as high 6800 i think.but it will be fine to go up that high with the z6 head and about the wiring harness what is your car vx cx dx si ? all u have to do is run your own vtec wires it very ez unless its a cx or vx the u will have rewire your o2sen.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
the difference in redline is not going to affect it ... don't worry about it. A new ecu is much better than a vtec controller.

·
Registered
1992 Honda Civic SiR
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its right now the dx civic. Yeah i think i might get the whole ecu so its runs correctly. Thanks for the info in advance

·
Registered
civic hatch
368 Posts
then ur in the clear the dx is a 4 wire o2 just run your vtec wires and your ready to rock

D

·
0 Posts
Real easy to wire it up. I pulled some wires from a harness, found similar plugs to vtec and oil pres., wired to the ecu. Then when you want to get into tuning you've got a p28 and can use that VAFC money to get some real tuning tools.

J

·
0 Posts
I have a p28 in my car right now... i have a stock B7 engine.. and it redlines around 7200... it starts to sound kinda shitty around 7000rpms so i ususaly shift at around 68-6900 anyways but i have popped off the revlimiter on accident once and still havent had any problems...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Man reving that b7 to 7k isnt going to hurt it ;) It can take it, it has 84mm stroke.

J

·
0 Posts
berettagtz117 said:
Man reving that b7 to 7k isnt going to hurt it ;) It can take it, it has 84mm stroke.
Was that sarcasm or are you being serious? because i have heard both that its not good for it and that it wont hurt it. And would you mind explaining why the 84mm stroke has anything to do with it? (just because i didnt know that mattered)

J

·
0 Posts
anyone? does stroke really have a factor in the lower end rev potential/handling??

D

·
0 Posts
JDMKid71 said:
anyone? does stroke really have a factor in the lower end rev potential/handling??
Smaller crank faster revs, but less displacement for top end. Could be wrong about the top end thing, so someone corecct me if I 'm wrong.

J

·
0 Posts
I could see why it would account for faster revs.. but why for higher rev tolerances..? like would the smaller the stroke the higher it can rev with less chance of bottom end damage.. or failure?

D

·
0 Posts
It has something to do with rotating mass or something that I haven't mastered. You can balance and knife edge, among other things to increase the performance of larger cranks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts