Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys after a bit of searching the info I got is that my cam timing is off by half a tooth. How detrimental is that to the cars performance? Am I losing power w/out the a y8 adjustable cam gear?

Thanks, Ed

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,797 Posts
depends on what he is build, no info given so we'll assume a Chevy block with Ford heads for now.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,797 Posts
slap on a $10 Y7/Y8 factory gear and be done.........

your's 1/2 tooth advanced or retarded?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,797 Posts
you know, there might even be a sticky about this problem.......

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I know I covered it a few times when I did my B7/Y8 mini. If my memory serves me right, the timing will be slightly retarded due to the lower deck height of the B7 block. It's no big deal though, mine ran fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to have to say its half a tooth retarded. I got it as close as I can but the up position on the cam gear was not exactly at 12 oclock)more like 11:56) even when my crank is at tdc. Dont get me wrong the car runs great. I 'm just trying to squeeze every bit out it and if I'm losing power I'd like to get it back.

Thanks, Ed

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I'm going to have to say its half a tooth retarded. I got it as close as I can but the up position on the cam gear was not exactly at 12 oclock)more like 11:56) even when my crank is at tdc. Dont get me wrong the car runs great. I 'm just trying to squeeze every bit out it and if I'm losing power I'd like to get it back.

Thanks, Ed
If you want it to be dead on just buy an Adj. cam gear and play w/ it some.

·
Registered
822 Posts
you know, there might even be a sticky about this problem.......

X2!!!

Plus you know it never hurt to use that lovely search button that we keep mentioning across the boards. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts