Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic dx
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
sloppy will be getting a chipped ecu very soon and a wideband. not sure when I will be able to afford the program to burn maps myself though. Those cost quite a bit. Well off to work lataz

K I just read in another thread that the z6 head on a b7 bottem end to set the timing u don't line up the arrows with the head??? but use the timing belt cover instead. Is this correct and if so is there any way to do without the cover. I junked it when we did the swap so it wouldn't get in the way. As of now I've got the timing set with the arrows aligned with either side of the head at TDC. Plz help.

ok so noone knows how/ gr8 scratch that. I can't find a y8 cam for sale anywhere would an adjustable camgear work for setting my timing where it needs to be?

·
Registered
eg sedan
156 Posts
thats what the previous posters have said grab an adjustable cam gear and all u gotta do is advance or retard the gear and that should solve your problem

·
Registered
93 honda del sol
207 Posts
For you guys on a budget. you can get an unorthodox cam pulley for 40 dollars and free shipping from unorthodox racing here is the pic.The sale is only for d series motor

Attachments

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
For you guys on a budget. you can get an unorthodox cam pulley for 40 dollars and free shipping from unorthodox racing here is the pic.The sale is only for d series motor
thanks for the pointer, nice price... any idea what the diff is between the $40 and the $80? both show same weight, but look different...

i also like how they show home/pro mechanic install times... especially for the oil filler cap... what would your mechanic do if you asked him to 'professionally' install a aftermarket oil filler cap? mine would charge extra for wasting his time (probly like $20) heheheh...

sloopy.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I just got done reading ur entire 52 page build danz, and I must say that is incredible what u have done with ur machine. WOW I wish I had the know how to do something like that. I'd love to have a boosted civic but with 3 kids and being the only income in the household i can't afford to blow up my ride or have spare motors lying around. Maybe one day. But u did one hell of a job sticking with it when things didn't go right and in the end u built an incredible ride to be proud of. props to u man. Really enjoyed reading from start to finish. Oh yea leaned the fuel out at vtec engagement today before going to work and was able to get my kpa at -11 instead of -7 or8 so I'm working on it. Gonna do it another notch in the morning before heading to work till I get it to stay in the -20's atleast that seems to pull pretty hard at part throttle. Oh and did u ever make it over 300whp just curious. id be tickled to death with 294 hell i just want 250 but reliable.

thanks! its been a lot of work but i have learned a lot. first and foremost, dont cheap out! hah

never made over 300whp, kinda disappointing. i was expecting 400 but i never even came close.

i got a new cam in and im going to hit the dyno today after work and see what i can extract out of it... hopefully my toque curve changes for the better.

please tell me what cam gear you are using! you need a Y series cam gear or an adjustable to compensate for the decreased deck height on the D15 block

·
Registered
94 civic dx
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm ordering an adjustable cam gear tomorrow soon as I get off work. thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
92 honda civic lx
107 Posts
Hey man worley is going for the same mini me set up , check out his thread and compare notes..........whether it be motivation or a tiny bit of info that was missed it would be great to compare the final products......

·
Registered
94 civic dx
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey man worley is going for the same mini me set up , check out his thread and compare notes..........whether it be motivation or a tiny bit of info that was missed it would be great to compare the final products......
I will definitely do that. thanks man. could u maybe post a link to it or lemme know where to find his build?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts