Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive built chevy v8s and a20as before but this is new but not so different im picking up my headgasket d16y8 head and d16 bottem endo tomorrow the bottom end is rubuilt the head is good do i want a y8 gasget and also the belt do i want the y8 belt i am getting a harness and a p28 also the d16y8 comes with a block that spun a bearing so i have intake and such and dizzy ...exhaust manifold can i use the one in my hatch which aftermarket is best i did search but i found no direct answers to my qs

i got three other projects going on now this is my project gas saver lol

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
which D16 bottom end are you using? thats what need to knwo to see which beltto use.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the y7 bottem end i also have another hatch and it haS the stock d5 block the bottem end is tosad and i have another d16y7 can i stick that d15 head on the y7 and what would i need to do that?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the d15 head will work on the d16y7 block?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
oh you want d15 head on d16y7, yeah it will work, not sure which headgasket to use with that tho.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sick ok well ill figure out which head gasket to use

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Nope. me and several others on here with D16Y7 bottom and Z6 head, use Y7 belts, the Z6 belt is to long or some shit. trust me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont have a z6 head i have a y8 head

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
no i wasnt saying that, Iwas replying to what WOKmesaid.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all i need to do is figure out what head gasket to use

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the y8 head gasket for the d16y7 bottem end /d15 head?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
aint it, wtf, you said d15, then y8 now d15, which one dude/.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have two hatches sorry one is getting a mini me with a d16y7 bottem end and a d16y8 head

the other has a bad motor good head so im using a good spare d16y7 bottem end with the d15 head ....sorry bout the confusion but to be honest i confused myself lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
love the avatar ok well that helps better so i guess the question is which is best lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts