Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, the setup to be is an a6 block and a complete y8 topend...

Am I correct when I say I need all y8 ARP headstuds except for the one next to the vtec soleniod, for there I need a z6 ARP headstud?

Or is it the other way around, I searched, and I dont know if its because its 7am, but I managed to confuse the crap out of myself after readin a few threads...:hammer:

·
Registered
259 Posts
You need 9 d16a6 arp headstuds(z6 are also the same). AND 1 d16y8 arp headstud(d16y7 are also the same)

The z6/a6 ones are longer thats why the price is slightly more due to more material. The y7/y8 ones are shorter which is what you need(1) on the one corner right by the vtec solenoid.
I just installed my y8 head on my z6 yesterday so I know this for a fact.

Reactions: SupaStyl

·
Registered
259 Posts
no problem man. I was told at first that the studs you use have to correspond to whatever head you use. BUt after ordering the wrong studs and finding out the hardway that it just wont work and reading further about it ....I ordered the right ones and the installation went smoothly so im happy thats over with. Good luck on your build, and install the studs with the provided lube on the threads and just over fingertight in the block. Bye for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts