Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
if you have a d16z6 engine your in good shape all ready.
a mini me would be like swapping a better head onto the d16 block but you already have the head that people would swap with. comprende? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Have The d16z6...I Would Like To Mini-Me It.....But What Head Would I Use?? I was Told That I could Use The y8 Head but What would That Do For Me??

·
Registered
383 Posts
i thought you said you already have a d16z6 with a d16y8 head?
you have a perfectly good engine. a mini me wuold be like having a non v-tec d-series and then swapping on a v-tec head to increase your power. You have a v-tec head and a good one at that. Build on what you have right now. it's perfect

·
Registered
383 Posts
the y8 head has a smaller combustion chamber which would increase your compression slighty but ultimately the z6 has a better design for making power whereas the y8 head is more geared towards economy

·
Registered
383 Posts
after heavy modification your z6 head will take you farther than the y8 one. It has a higher power ceiling.

·
Registered
92 civic hatch si
752 Posts
Yipes!! damn you are lucky not any of the regulars on here got to this thread. They would have ripped into this like wolves. Do a search for "mini me" and then you will understand why a mini-me is done. You already have the vtec head so you are all good. "Mini-me" is when you have a non-vtec bottom end and put a vtec head on it. The vtec head is either off the d16z6 (which you already have) or off the d16y8 (very similiar sohc head as the d16z6) Hope this helps dude.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok See Thats What I thought...Someone I talked to at work told me I should Mini me it...and like You guys said you mini me normally for The Vtec...Right??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts