Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 00 Civic Hatchback
Engine:D16y7/y8 head (aka mini-me)

So i was drivin a few days ago and my check engine light comes on and i bring the car back home and check it and it came out to be code 41 primary oxygen sensor heater what i was wondering was if im not mistaken obd2 has 2 o2 sensors and obd1 has one correct me if im wrong though but if thats true would it cause a problem if im running a p28 ecu??? Or if anyone knows why that code came up?? Need to replace a sensor??

Thxns

·
Registered
605 Posts
ur correct obd2 has 2 sensors and obd1 has 1 and using the p28 ecu i dnt think would throw tht code but im not possitive

do u have both sensors hooked up?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the moment yes i have both of them hooked up. But i didn't change out any pins on the p28 ecu though for any of the o2 sensor

·
Registered
605 Posts
maby ur o2 sensor is bad

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering if the p28 is reading both sensors or is it just reading one? Or am i going to have to run some wires from the o2 sensor str8 to the ecu?

There's an o2 sensor on the exhuast manifold and one down below the exhaust right??Im going to have to just check and replace one of them or both and see if i can fix my check engine light problem.

·
Registered
605 Posts
it could be reading both and by it reading both it throw the cel

·
Registered
248 Posts
the P28 will only read one, the one closest to the motor on the header itself.... dont worry u dont need to change anything, reset the ECu and if it persists look at ur jumper harness and make sure it is plugged in, double check the O2 wiring and lastly try a new sensor, ohnestly i run a wideband so i put my narrowband output for the wideband into the O2 sensor for reading or just shut off the O2 sensor completely...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the P28 will only read one, the one closest to the motor on the header itself.... dont worry u dont need to change anything, reset the ECu and if it persists look at ur jumper harness and make sure it is plugged in, double check the O2 wiring and lastly try a new sensor, ohnestly i run a wideband so i put my narrowband output for the wideband into the O2 sensor for reading or just shut off the O2 sensor completely...
Thnxs that helps alot

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the lights goes off once in a while then will come back on. i just remember a few days ago i seafoam the car to clean out the motor will that cause the car to throw a cel too??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone??

·
Registered
424 Posts
So the lights goes off once in a while then will come back on. i just remember a few days ago i seafoam the car to clean out the motor will that cause the car to throw a cel too??
Yes, if you knocked alot of carbon loose or if the Seafoam got on the O2 sensor it will throw a code. Reset it and try driving on the freeway for awhile to "clean" the sensor off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, if you knocked alot of carbon loose or if the Seafoam got on the O2 sensor it will throw a code. Reset it and try driving on the freeway for awhile to "clean" the sensor off.
its been driven for about a week now and check light comes on and off every once in a while is there someone i can use to clean out the o2 sensor itself?? and the mani so i can get that seafoam crap outta there??

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ahh, if you used a y8 header or any aftermarket one you have to extend the o2 se3nsor, now my guess is that your error lies here not in your ecu. However if your ecu is odb1 it could also be a bad o2 sensor.

By the way take a look at you honda dealership. I just got new o2 sensors, new header, and a full ignition. They all had a recall.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahh, if you used a y8 header or any aftermarket one you have to extend the o2 se3nsor, now my guess is that your error lies here not in your ecu. However if your ecu is odb1 it could also be a bad o2 sensor.

By the way take a look at you honda dealership. I just got new o2 sensors, new header, and a full ignition. They all had a recall.

I'm still using the stock dx header so i didn't need to extend anything. And as of right now im pretty sure the o2 sensor still works. It was the seafoam i use a few weeks ago. I get a check engine light most of the time then it will go away then eventually come back. I try drivin it for a week then reseting the ecu to see if that clean it up and after i reseted the ecu it came bacc on. Anyone know anything else that i can do to make it go away? HELP!?!?!?!?!

-thnks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts