Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can i mild a d16y7 head? And another thing..the oem headgasket is thinner than the new gastket that i buyed..the oem gasket is a metal gasket..i think that the gasket that i buied has 1mm and the oem gasket 0,4-5..i wan't to use the new gasket..so how much can i mild the head? 1,5mm is to much?

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
You might want to step up to a medium sauce, marinate the Y7 for a few hours then thorw it on the grill.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
You might want to step up to a medium sauce, marinate the Y7 for a few hours then thorw it on the grill.
lol

How much can i mild a d16y7 head? And another thing..the oem headgasket is thinner than the new gastket that i buyed..the oem gasket is a metal gasket..i think that the gasket that i buied has 1mm and the oem gasket 0,4-5..i wan't to use the new gasket..so how much can i mild the head? 1,5mm is to much?
you know this site has grammar check, im not sure whats reliable but ive seen people milling the head as much as .008, id only goes as far as .005 just to be safe. why not just buy a oem headgasket? you could have bought Y8 headgasket which bumps compression alittle

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered oem gasket and this is what came'd..in concluzion..how much can i mild? Excuze my english..

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have heard you can take .10 off without needing a thicker gasket, also much more is almost sending the head to waste imo

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This new headgasket that i buied is for d16a6..i searched for it and after the code on it it's for d16a6..can i use it for my milled (1mm) d16y7 ? 10x

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've mlled d16a6 heads to .120 and have work great with good tuning. You will need to notch piston to prevent valve hit them.

D16z6 head you can mill it around .090 or more.. it depends on the CR you are looking and the kind of pistones your using.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts