Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally you should smoke a brisket for about 12 hours, but because I live in a tiny studio in the east village the oven is my only option... Far from optimal but it works alright.

First get a nice 4-5 lb brisket with the fat cap still on it.

Then make a marinade with bbq sauce, garlic, soy sauce, liquid smoke, cumin, turmeric, and worcestershire sauce.
Get a syringe with a large bore needle and inject every square inch of meat with the liquid. Watch for squirting out the sides as it can make a mess. This will help keep the meat moist.

Then make your dry rub. Garlic powder, onion powder, onion flake, cumin, turmeric, coriander, smoked paprika, sweet paprika, salt, black pepper, brown sugar, cayenne pepper.
Coat the meat well with the rub, and put it in a plastic bag in the fridge overnight.
It should look like this...

Then into a broiling pan put 1.5 beers of your choice (I like magic hat) 1 raw onion, and liquid smoke. Put a grating in the pan to elevate the meat keeping it out of the liquid. Cover well with foil and cook it at 250F for 6-7 hours.

Finished product looks like this.

It looks kind of weird without the bark you get from a proper smoker but it sure tastes good.

Always cut it across the grain. It helps with the texture.
Enjoy.

Attachments

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is this Vietnamese place near where I work that makes the best brisket sandwiches I've ever had. Gotta try that soup tho

1 - 3 of 3 Posts