Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they give a lot of Honda hate, But I love watching Moog and Marty dick around with their cars. Anyone with me on this?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I havent seen much, but what I have seen has been reeeeeally stupid.
Like, I guess its better than learning tech from the fast and the furious, but thats not a high bar.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
361 Posts
I saw a title that had something to do with building a Honda Civic on a budget and figured, what the heck, I'll watch. I was soon swamped with stick on fake brake calipers, push button ignition which requires the key to be in the "on" position still, a cold air intake, and a bunch of other pointless crap. They even had the nerve to construct a way of using a B.O.V without a turbo. I can't deal with these guys.... Sorry!

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
i watch them.

i do like the show though they can do some really stupid stuff. and they have a lot of honda hate for no reason at all. though the "so will this fit on my honda" thing is pretty funny.

but they really know very little about what to do with cars and ive never learned anything from them. in fact i watch them and think of the right way to do it lol. but its still a decent show at best.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
i watch them.

i do like the show though they can do some really stupid stuff. and they have a lot of honda hate for no reason at all. though the "so will this fit on my honda" thing is pretty funny.

but they really know very little about what to do with cars and ive never learned anything from them. in fact i watch them and think of the right way to do it lol. but its still a decent show at best.
I realized quickly that the show isn't to learn anything. It's just entertainment. After realizing that I have been able to enjoy the show a lot more. Just enjoy them messing around and laugh:clap:

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
actually, their new stuff isn't bad. 11 second gramps, turbo Miata, drift 240 is all enlightening

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The turbo miata was a clusterfuck. The only thing they did marginally correct was to get a megasquirt for EMS instead of some band-aid bullshit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, I enjoy it for the entertainment value mostly. However the genuine love for vehicles these guys have, i can identify with. that's why i think i love it so much. that being said there are some useful DIY projects people could look to as a beginners guide.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
IMO, They have a lot of good videos for diy. Some of them are just gags. Like "how to make you car Euro" Lol! Moog's current project is a Nitrous Honda S2000.

WAS
they've since turned it all around as if he was having a dream:no:

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts