Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, after installing my skunk2 IM ive had some problems with with my coolant lines. i.e. 2 hoses left with 1 port, so i made a T-fitting, and that fixes the problem. yesterday, my engine starts over heating, and i find out that one of the hoses have gone loose from the t-fitting so i reinstall it. now everythings hooked up right, but my idle jumps from 1500 to 500, 1500 to 500, then sits at 500 for a while, and the engine starts gettting hot slowly. coolant levels look fine and theres not water or milky substance in the oil. what gives?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, no hot air comes out when i turn on the heater

·
Registered
107 Posts
an engine with a bad head gasket will not run ok and then shit out after a while. It will just overheat as sonn as its warmed up. You probably shouldnt have that t-fitting. Are the hoses youre talking about heater hoses?

·
Registered
675 Posts
my supra ran like shit then it would over heat and radical idle then it would run fine, it had a BHG but my mr2 just heated up and fucking spilled water everywhere...hopefully it's nothing to expensive

·
Registered
141 Posts
i dont know about the idle but you might wanna make sure your fan is kicking on, mine would overheat if it sat but if you ran it it would stay cool because the fan didnt work

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
could it be... air bubbles in your coolant lines? Periodic air bubbles across the coolant temp sensor could make the engine see cold spots and cause it to idle high. Also, when the engine is fully warm, an air bubble will let the sensor heat up higher than normal (no coolant) so your engine will seem like it's overheating.

Just a guess... but if your hoses popped off maybe air got in there. Just run the car with the air bleed screw open for a while and keep adding coolant to your reservoir until ONLY coolant comes out of the bleed screw.

Oh and if you have no hot air coming out, maybe your coolant lines are routed incorrectly. There's no flow through the heater core. Check and recheck... look at a helms for the stock coolant flow and try to adapt it to your new IM.

·
Registered
417 Posts
is there any milky substance in the coolant reservoir? I had VW Golf with broken head gasket, and my engine would overheat real quick, turned out my coolant reservoir had this milky stuff inside because the oil was getting in.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's So Hard To Think What The Problem Is Just By Imagining What Your Set Up Looks Like. That Tee Has To Go. Maybe The Coolant Just Goes Around That Tee Instead Of The Motor. Also, Check The Valve The Opens And Closes The Heater Vavle. Cable May Have Slipped Out Of It. Good Luck.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, i know one of the hoses that connects to the T is from the fast idle thermo valve and i think the other one is a heater hose.
where is the air bleed screw located at?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nevermind, thanks for all the help. i found the air bleed screw and bled it till coolant came out. there was alot of air in there like you guys mentioned.
everything seems to be working now, and my vents have hot air again....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts