Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its been a bit, to make it short over the past several years ive been dealing with crazy odd ball heath issues, got away from modding Hondas, built a chevelle ss and bought a Harley. thats pretty much taken all of my time, and has made me very rusty on hondas. I just picked up a new project not long ago, its a 2000 civic dx hatchback true nh-578 paint car.My plans for this car is not much just clean and make it fun with a hint of rice for a throw back to the late 90s when I had a midori green 96 hatch. Back then I was running a H22A in my hatch and it was plenty but very heavy in the front. so with this car it will be a D series, I figured if I can get to the wheels the same around Hp as the H22a gave me id be happy, just something fun nothing thats going to dominate everything lol. Here is where my rust comes in to play. I think I know the answer but just like to here from you all, This has been covered a billion times over the years but what d series do I go with, I can get a low mile d16y8 from the junk yard they claim is low mile but looks like hell, rust all over it ect ect, or I can get a jdm d16a Vtec or jdm d15b vtec. engine wise for now im just going to do the basic bolt ons and have it tuned on a p28 ecu, im converting it back to obd1. and later down the road forced induction with turbo or sc,but nothing over 200hp or 7psi what ever comes first.as the motor will be completely stock internals and head. so with that being said and if your still reading this long boring story, are they all so close in reliability that I should just get the one thats the cheapest or is there one thats better than others when it comes to reliability with Fi in the future. Now the car when I got it there was ebay bumper and headlights in it and the engine bay was trash,so I painted the bay and bought a 2000 coupe parts car and swapped everything over, it now has power mirrors and windows,oem clean headlights, and I painted the vc with a silver flake skull and cleared it just for fun lol.more pics to come with progress as summer comes around.thanks for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
What kind of Harley you got?

Car looks clean I can't seem to keep a Honda any more always throwing money at my Jeep or my Harley. Need to get back on my S10.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the 08 nighttrain, fits me like a glove, I powder coated the rear end parts black, pullys ect ect deuce headlight tri bar taillight and put a solid chrome wheel on there custom bib and blinkers. and shes perfect.( to me anyhow )

Attachments

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Good looking bike nice to see others on here with HD's
I have an 2008 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic 96 only has like 28k on the clock now.
Like having a recliner with entertainment system surrounding you flying down the highway doing 100 all day I love it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I running a jdm d15b with Ebay turbo setup on hondata ecu , on 8 lbs of boost in my eg hatch , i love it , been running for 3 years too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
crx
62 Posts
Another Harley owner here. 2001 Softail springer. Good luck with your project. I also love muscle cars, I had a 1969 GTO back in the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts